Thursday, July 9, 2009

What percentage does my son need for a grade c foundation math.He has been told 80% &30% for Higher Tier.?

I'm sorry but neither you or your son can determine the grade boundaries for Mathematics GCSE





I am currently in year 12- Sixth form


In year 11 I was told the grade boundaries for a C grade on higher paper was 20% , B was 40% , A was 60% and A* was 75%





However, last august when I got my results, the Grade boundaries had shifted!





C= 55%


B=70%


A= 80%


A*= 91+%





On the Foundation paper, expect the C grade as maximum to be around the 80-90% borderline.





If you feel your son is competent enough to get that GCSE grade C without too much problem then he should do the Higher paper and make sure that Coursework is at C grade or above standard!





I have to stress once again that the Grade boundary changes and this is due to the performance of the people taking the exam...


The more people getting the paper correct or finding it easier, the higher the grade boundary will be.


The harder the paper or the worse people do overall, the lower the grade boundary


Good luck

What percentage does my son need for a grade c foundation math.He has been told 80% %26amp;30% for Higher Tier.?
about 70% but i would recomend that he aimes to get 85%


No comments:

Post a Comment